[LLVMdev] vmkit build problems

Zoe Wolk zoewolk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 13:25:19 PDT 2010

Thanks Alysson.
Unfortunately, those instructions don't work for me (I followed them exactly
using
a clean system) -- probably because of the recent changes
to the svn heads.

After fixing EscapeAnalysis in vmkit to use the updated
CallInst.getArgOperand interface
I hit the error below.

I was interested in using mmtk with the system (as recommended), but that
requires a llvm-gcc build (and additional
config parameters). None of this works for me despite multiple tries (32bit,
64bit, different distros of Ubuntu).

If anyone is able to build vmkit and get it to run without a segfault (for
any
distro/arch), using mmtk or the default collector/installation (as described
in the vmkit page or
Alysson's writeup) using the svn head of llvm and vmkit, please let me
know.

thanks

llvm[1]: Compiling vmjc.cpp for Debug build
llvm[1]: Linking Debug executable vmjc
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/Debug/lib/libGCMmap2.a(gcinit.o): In function
`mvm::Collector::initialise()':
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/lib/Mvm/GCMmap2/gcinit.cpp:22: undefined
reference to `GCAllocator::operator new(unsigned long)'
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/lib/Mvm/GCMmap2/gcinit.cpp:22: undefined
reference to `GCAllocator::GCAllocator()'
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/Debug/lib/libGCMmap2.a(gcinit.o): In function
`mvm::Collector::destroy()':
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/lib/Mvm/GCMmap2/gcinit.cpp:42: undefined
reference to `GCAllocator::~GCAllocator()'
/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/lib/Mvm/GCMmap2/gcinit.cpp:42: undefined
reference to `GCAllocator::operator delete(void*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/Debug/bin/vmjc] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zoewolk/RESEARCH/vmkit/tools/vmjc'