[LLVMdev] Debug just-in-time compiled code on Mac OS

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 4 20:00:53 PDT 2010

Hey guys,

I'd need to debug just-in-time compiled code under Mac OS. As predicted, GDB doesn't cope really well with it. The LLVM manual seems to say it's possible to patch GDB under Linux, but there seems to be no option for Mac OS.

What can I do? I'd prefer a solution that integrates with Xcode, but I'll manage if it doesn't and I have to run the debugger externally.

It's not really related to this mailing list, but is LLDB doing a better job at handling just-in-time compiled code?

Félix