[LLVMdev] [patch] MicroBlaze Backend

Wesley Peck peckw at ittc.ku.edu
Fri Jan 29 09:42:27 PST 2010

I have been working on a LLVM backend for the MicroBlaze soft-processor:
http://www.xilinx.com/tools/microblaze.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroBlaze

Attached is the initial MicroBlaze patch. It does the following:
1. Adds mblaze as a target in configure and configure.ac
2. Adds mblaze specific intrinsics in include/llvm/IntrinsicsMBlaze.td and include/llvm/Intrinsics.td
3. Adds mblaze triple support in include/llvm/ADT/Triple.h and lib/Support/Triple.cpp
4. Adds mblaze backend support in lib/Target/MBlaze
5. Adds mblaze test cases in test/CodeGen/MBlaze

Currently the MicroBlaze backend generates MicroBlaze assembly which compiles successfully using the MicroBlaze assembler. Many small to medium sized test cases seem to compile and work but extensive testing has not yet been done.

I have not supplied any major patches to the LLVM development team before so if the patch needs to be reworked then let me know and I will take care of it.