[LLVMdev] question about running llvm test-suite on remote machine

Jose Rangel jrangel at arxan.com
Wed Jan 27 15:42:36 PST 2010

Hi,

I've looked into use of the remote variables: REMOTE_HOST,
REMOTE_CLIENT, REMOTE_USER, etc. Can you tell me how exactly one uses
these variables to run the llvm test-suite remotely?

As far as I can tell, the local host and remote host directory
structures have to match exactly. In addition, it seems that the remote
host has to pre-generate building the test executables, while the local
host just executes them. Is that correct? If that is the case, I'm not
sure what the benefit is.

I was expecting that the local host running the tests would compile the
binaries and then somehow transfer them to the remote host for execution
which is something that dejagnu seems capable of doing. It seems that
the llvm test-suite is doing something different. Perhaps you are using
shared network drives between local and remote hosts which would make
this type of setup work. It also seems like this is not documented on
how to do remote testing.

If someone could tell me how this should be used, I'd greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,

Jose

Jose Rangel