[LLVMdev] Kaleidoscope-tutorial: Fails to create the JIT

ALbert Mietus albert at ons-huis.net
Sat Jan 23 15:55:20 PST 2010

--Groetjes, Albert

ALbert Mietus
    GSM:  +316 16 531 258
    Send prive mail to:   ALbert at ons-huis dot net
                                                 Don't send spam mail!
Mijn missie: http://SoftwareBeterMaken.nl      product, proces & imago.
Mijn leven in het kort:        http://albert.mietus.nl/Doc/CV_ALbert.html

On 23 Jan 2010., at 22:07, Garrison Venn wrote:

> Look at what is in <llvm source root>/examples/Kaleidoscope/toy.cpp.
> This is the final version of the tutorial and worked the last time I
> played with 2.6.

Tried, that code ... And got a error (which I not really understand,
yet)
|| > g++ -g -O0 toy-example26.cpp -o toy-example26 \
||		`/Users/albert/NoTimeMachine/LLCM_Clang/llvm-trunk/BUILD/Debug/bin/
llvm-config --cppflags --ldflags --libs core jit native`
|| Undefined symbols:
||  "_LLVMLinkInInterpreter", referenced from:
||      (anonymous
namespace)::ForceInterpreterLinking::ForceInterpreterLinking()
in ccXf1BAH.o
|| ld: symbol(s) not found
|| collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Note,   `/Users/albert/NoTimeMachine/LLCM_Clang/llvm-trunk/BUILD/Debug/
bin/llvm-config --cppflags --ldflags --libs core jit native` gives
(formating by me)
	-I/Users/albert/NoTimeMachine/LLCM_Clang/BUILD-llvm-2.6+clang/../
llvm-2.6/include 			\
	-I/Users/albert/NoTimeMachine/LLCM_Clang/BUILD-llvm-2.6+clang/include
	-D_DEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS	\
	\
	-L/Users/albert/NoTimeMachine/LLCM_Clang/llvm-trunk/BUILD/Debug/lib  -
lpthread -lffi -lm   	\
	-lLLVMX86Disassembler                    	\
	-lLLVMX86AsmParser          	          	\
	-lLLVMMCParser                    			\
	-lLLVMX86AsmPrinter             	       		\
	-lLLVMX86CodeGen                		    	\
	-lLLVMSelectionDAG                    		\
	-lLLVMAsmPrinter                    			\
	-lLLVMX86Info                   	 		\
	-lLLVMJIT                        				\
	-lLLVMExecutionEngine                         \
	-lLLVMCodeGen                         		\
	-lLLVMScalarOpts                         		\
	-lLLVMInstCombine                         		\
	-lLLVMTransformUtils                         	\
	-lLLVMipa                         				\
	-lLLVMAnalysis                         			\
	-lLLVMTarget                         			\
	-lLLVMMC                         				\
	-lLLVMCore                         			\
	-lLLVMSupport                         			\
	-lLLVMSystem                        			\
	#eol

Trying to build with other version/Build (PreBuild one, Debug-version,
or trunk) give same error and simular values for llvm-config output
(same, but for the path)

Any Idea? --THANKS