[LLVMdev] Kaleidoscope-tutorial: Fails to create the JIT

ALbert Mietus albert at ons-huis.net
Sat Jan 23 09:21:43 PST 2010

I ask for advice, for TheExecutionEngine === NULL,

Reid Kleckner wrote:
> Try changing the above line to:
>  std::string str;
>  TheExecutionEngine =
> EngineBuilder(OurModuleProvider).setErrorStr(str).create();
>  cout << str << '\n';
>
> This interface should set str to an appropriate error message if it
> returns NULL.

I tried this, assuming that line should be
||  TheExecutionEngine =
EngineBuilder(TheModule).setErrorStr(&str).create();
^^^^^^^^^^------------------^----------------
* There is on "OurModuleProvider, g++ says .., and
* g++ complains about the str-type
	 (Well,  g++ actually complain about the function; but I assume this
is what is means, ...
          At least adding the & help to compile it:-)

The result: nada. No string is printed! (or an empty string, I should
say)

So more help is welcome.! Can somebody  just try the code on his/her
machine; maybe the tutorial is "to old"
The code is, as you probably know, at: http://llvm.org/releases/2.6/docs/tutorial/LangImpl4.html#code
  When it is working on your system, please email me, including that
version (or svn- tag/date) And I will try the same version

Thanks

--Groetjes, Albert

ALbert Mietus
    GSM:  +316 16 531 258
    Send prive mail to:   ALbert at ons-huis dot net
                                                 Don't send spam mail!
Mijn missie: http://SoftwareBeterMaken.nl      product, proces & imago.
Mijn leven in het kort:        http://albert.mietus.nl/Doc/CV_ALbert.html