[LLVMdev] Compiling LLVM under vista with msdev 2008 gives a few errors

herz alexander.herz at mytum.de
Fri Jan 22 07:01:51 PST 2010

Hi,

I just started with LLVM so I'm not sure who's responsible for
portability. Anyways, I found the following problems trying to compile
llvm rev 94074 with the solution generated using cmake 2.8 (including
the clang front end) on 32bit vista:

lib/system

    Errno.cpp : had to add "#undef HAVE_STRERROR_R"
    raw_ostream.cpp: had to add "#undef HAVE_UNISTD_H"
    (apparently config.h was not generated correctly)

lib/support

    IsNan.cpp : had to add "#define isnan _isnan #include <float.h>"
    IsInf.cpp : had to add "#define isinf !_finite #include <float.h>"

examples/ParallelJIT

    ParallelJIT.cpp : "#include <pthread.h>" pthread.h not supported on
windows

Obviously, these are quick hacks to get it to compile and no solutions :)
Possibly I did something wrong when configuring the build. Also I just
had the first look atthe sources yesterday, so I wouldn't want to
attempt a real solution myself, yet.

Alex