[LLVMdev] call graph not complete

Sanjiv Gupta sanjiv.gupta at microchip.com
Thu Jan 21 02:20:25 PST 2010

Sanjiv Gupta wrote:
> Duncan Sands wrote:
>
>> Hi Sanjiv,
>>

>>> How can we just selectively turn only that optimization ON?
>>>
>> you can't.  That said, you could write your own pass that does it.
>>

>>> We don't want to turn on a whole lot of  other stuff that instcombine
>>> does as they mess up debugging in our case.
>>>
>> If instcombine makes debug info useless, then that's rather bad.  Can
>> you please explain more about this.
>>
> multiple loads/stores to individual bitfields of a type are combined
> into single load/store and there are no generated code for certain C
> statements.

I think I was not clear enough in my previous email.
Our requirement is a little peculiar. We want debugging to work better
when no optimizations are specified but at the same time we want the
call resolve to happen as we do function frame overlaying on top of the
call graph.

So, it does not necessarily mean that -instcombine is messing up the
debug info.

- Sanjiv