[LLVMdev] Identifying recursive functions in a backend

Robert Quill Robert.Quill at imgtec.com
Wed Jan 13 09:42:50 PST 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to detect if a function is recursive in a back-end. For instance, I'd like to be able to say: "If this function we are about to call is recursive, store the return address to the stack, if it isn't we don't need a stack so do nothing". Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Rob
-
This message is subject to Imagination Technologies' e-mail terms: http://www.imgtec.com/e-mail.htm

Imagination Technologies Ltd is a limited company registered in England No:  1306335
Registered Office: Imagination House, Home Park Estate, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, WD4 8LZ.

Email to and from the company may be monitored for compliance and other administrative purposes.
-