[LLVMdev] invoke/unwind

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:08:19 PST 2010

If it helps, to see what is involved, outside of a pure IR context, see the example code, and doc at:

http://wiki.llvm.org/HowTo:_Build_JIT_based_Exception_mechanism#Source_Code:_exceptionDemo.cpp

Although this is a pure example that shows several test cases, including foreign exception interaction, it is
not an IR example, but rather a LLVM IR API example. It would be interesting to see a pure IR version of a
personality function. I don't see why this would not be possible, although costly in terms of effort. Clang
would help.

There are also ways to lower your invoke/unwind into a setjump/longjump implementation, but I do not know
how to do this in IR, as it requires function pass setup which is outside the scope of IR.

Garrison