[LLVMdev] Optimization Help

Curtis Jones curtis.jones at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 05:07:56 PST 2010

I am working on a program which links with the FTDI USB driver (ftd2xx.dylib). Prior to a couple of hours ago I had only worked with Debug builds of my code (no compiler optimizations). In testing a production build, I found that using anything other than -O0 results in the FTDI driver returning bad data; just a lot of zeroes. I tested and re-tested to make sure that changing just that one option was the issue. And I have absolutely no idea how to go about figuring out what the actual issue is; or what a reasonable remedy is.

If the likely cause isn't obvious based on the little bit of information I've provided, please tell me what details I can provide that would be useful. I don't know where to begin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Curtis Jones