[LLVMdev] Variable declarations vs. definitions

Dustin Laurence dllaurence at dslextreme.com
Sat Jan 9 17:53:34 PST 2010

On 01/09/2010 01:12 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:

> The equivalent of "extern int G;" is:
>
> @G = external global i32

OK, then I want to whine a little bit about how that is more obscurely
hinted at than discussed.  Whine, whine....  :-)

Even knowing the word to search on, the only explicit application of the
keyword to data is incidental to an example about structures.  I think I
feel less bad about having bounced that to the list.

I'm amazed that the list of linkage types doesn't mention it somewhere.
 I tried 'common' among other things, but I admit it was a just a
desperate shot in the dark before I just gave up and asked.

Dustin