[LLVMdev] Disabling rtti on default build - could it be reverted/re-enabled?

Pekka Jääskeläinen pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi
Fri Feb 26 11:02:03 PST 2010

Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
> I've put together http://llvm.org/docs/Packaging.html to document
> these kinds of requests for all packagers in one place. Let me know if
> any of the advice I've put there is wrong. (At the moment,

Looks good to me. BTW exception support for LLVM is not required
to link with code that uses exceptions. At least our toolset
seems to link fine with LLVM without this flag given for make and
it uses exceptions all over the place. So probably it's not required
to be on for the binary packages either (not sure about this).

About --enable-shared. Could it be a good compromise to allow to
link the LLVM tools statically (for the startup speedup) but still
generate also a shared lib for external projects to more easily link
with? So, by default always (additionally to the static lib) generate
the big .so but only when --link-llvm-with-shared (or similar)
is given it would link the LLVM binaries with it?

--
--PJ