[LLVMdev] RegisterPass isAnalysis parameter

Trevor Harmon Trevor.W.Harmon at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 25 17:24:30 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm confused about the is_analysis parameter of the RegisterPass
constructor (defined in PassSupport.h). The only explanation I can
find is that is_analysis should be set to true if the pass is "an
analysis pass, for example dominator tree pass". Can someone please
clarify what is meant by "analysis pass"?

Also -- and this is more of a C++ question than an LLVM question --
the Hello pass (in lib/Transforms/Hello/Hello.cpp) puts its class
inside an anonymous namespace. But I thought an anonymous namespace
limits the scope of anything in that namespace to the file level (so
you can't call the functions in that namespace from outside the file).
If so, how is it possible for LLVM to access the Hello pass?

Thanks,

Trevor