[LLVMdev] AVX support

David Greene dag at cray.com
Thu Feb 25 13:42:26 PST 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 15:33:58 Jan Sjodin wrote:
> I have seen some re-factoring work done to prepare for AVX support. What
> are the plans (time wise) to add the AVX patterns to the backend? Has
> anyone thought about FMA4?

Oh yes.  :)  FMA4 will have a different feature bit than AVX or FMA3.  FMA4 is
our top priority after AVX due to Bulldozer.

What would you like to see for FMA4?  I will be implementing that just as
soon as I push up some more AVX support.

The AVX work is ready to be pushed up and I am working on that.
Unfortunately, pesky things like software releases are getting in the
way.  :)  I hope to get back to this next week.

                                             -Dave