[LLVMdev] Possibly using a broken version of GCC to build LLVM (file won't finish compiling).

Puyan Lotfi puyan at gatech.edu
Sat Feb 20 22:03:36 PST 2010

Hi

Does there exist a list of relative compile times for source files in LLVM?
I am doing a build for ARM on an actual ARM device, and
CodeGenDAGPatterns.cpp is taking a really long time to compile (it's been
like 20 minutes or more).
I don't even get an error. All the files before it compile pretty quickly
but this file in particular just won't finish.

The version of gcc I have on my Nokia N800 (that I got from the Maemo SDK
repository) is:

gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (release) (CodeSourcery ARM 2005q3-2)

I'm kind of worried it may be a broken version as far as compiling for LLVM
goes, but a lot of the docs and things on the LLVM website seem to be down
this weekend.

Anyways, if anyone has similar experience let me know. I dug around for some
past mails on this list regarding building LLVM for this device, and all I
found was something from LLVM-2.2 days.

Thanks

Puyan