[LLVMdev] LLVM-OCaml Bindings Tutorial (2.6-2.7)

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Feb 15 23:47:24 PST 2010

On Tuesday 16 February 2010 03:51:00 Jianzhou Zhao wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is any realistic project using LLVM-OCaml
> Bindings?

I've written a VM in OCaml built upon LLVM using LLVM's OCaml bindings:

  http://www.ffconsultancy.com/ocaml/hlvm/

There are at least two other significant users of LLVM's OCaml bindings,
AFAIK.

> How is the performance?

Performance of the bindings? Fine.

My only gripe with LLVM's OCaml bindings is the way an error caught on the
LLVM side causes my program to die in a way that the stack trace is
unobtainable. So I resort to massively verbose debug logs. I'd much rather
the bindings reraised errors as exceptions on the OCaml side.

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e