[LLVMdev] My LLVM program crashes gdb

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:42:31 PST 2010

One of my unit tests has been failing recently, and the odd thing is that
when I attempt to debug it in gdb, it causes a segfault:

$ gdb test/stdlib/HashMapTest
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.0-ubuntu
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from
/home/talin/Projects/tart/build-eclipse/test/stdlib/HashMapTest...done.
(gdb) break main
Segmentation fault

I'm not sure whether this is LLVM's fault or mine - and I'm not sure how to
go about finding out. I'm guessing something is wrong with the DWARF
debugging info.

--
-- Talin