[LLVMdev] Taking the address of an array?

Patrick Simmons simmon12 at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 12 17:26:48 PST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to write an annotation pass which will pass a C function a
number of parameters including one of type [16 x i8*].  However, when I
write the C function, this parameter type is compiled to type i8**
because of the semantics of arrays in C.  I think that to convert this
parameter to i8**, I would need to take the address of the array.  Is
there any way I can do this?  If not, is there any way for me to
accomplish what I want here?

If anyone cares, the type [16 x i8*] is the type of a pool descriptor in
PoolAlloc.

Thanks,
--Patrick