[LLVMdev] Help with Mac OS X 10.6.2 build

Todd Rovito rovitotv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:15:27 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Todd Rovito <rovitotv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Filipe Cabecinhas <filcab at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Try these scripts to build llvm and llvm-gcc. It's the ones I use and I
>> managed to get them to work when I saw another build script using those
>> CFLAGS.
>>
>> They compile llvm and stuff using only x86_64, but you can then generate
>> code for i386 (just use a different backend). The configuration options are
>> at the top of the scripts and they install llvm and llvm-gcc to ~/llvm.
>> On 2/7/10 09:58, Todd Rovito wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>     I am having trouble getting the Kaleidoscope example to build from
>>> tutorial #3 on Mac OS X 10.6.2.  I didn't have too much trouble
>>> getting llvm-2.6 and llvm-gcc-frontend to build.  Thanks for the help.
>>>  Here are the steps I followed:
> Filipe,
>    Thanks for the help!  I am getting a configure error with llvm-2.6
> now.  Here is what I got:
>
> echo $TARGETS
> host,x86,x86_64,cpp
> Todd-Rovitos-MacBook:llvm-2.6-build rovitotv$ ../llvm-2.6/configure
> --prefix=/opt/llvm/ --enable-bindings=none --enable-targets=$TARGETS
> --enable-optimized --with-llvmgccdir=/opt/llvm/
> --with-llvm-externals=/opt
>
> I get the following configure error:
> configure: error: Unrecognized target host
>
> It appears 'host' is not a valid target for 2.6, are your scripts for
> 2.6?  Thanks again.

Filipe,
   Thanks again for your scripts.  I did get them to work for LLVM 2.6
attached are the very minor changes.  In the end I added -arch to the
install-llvm and removed the flags from install-llvm-gcc.  Not sure
why this worked but now the Tutorial stuff seems to work.  Without
your scripts I don't think I would of gotten it built and running.
Thanks again!