[LLVMdev] Removing -tailcallopt?

Evan Cheng evan.cheng at apple.com
Sat Feb 6 01:15:07 PST 2010

I am somewhat surprised people are actually using TCO. I had to fixed a number of subtle bugs to get it working and even now I am not too happy with it. My focus was on finding non-ABI changing automatic tail call cases (aka gcc's sibcall). It's now done so I'll leave -tailcallopt alone for now.

I'll run -tailcallopt as x86 llcbeta to see if JIT is indeed broken.

Evan