[LLVMdev] Clobbering llvm.eh.selector return

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:10:15 PST 2010

Funny I remember that code (DwarfEHPrepare), wondering at the time why it was doing this. Thanks for your response,
as I can now stop trying figure out how I am introducing this error, and more importantly now will be able to go back to
DwarfEHPrepare, and understand it better knowing one of its purposes. However the result of my tests indicates that
the underlying register used by the exception/unwind (get/setGR(built in reg. index 1)), mechanism is shared for other uses.
If this is true, what criteria is used to identify whether this register is going to be used. I can image future efforts directed toward
changing or adding to the exception mechanism needing to know what to avoid before the passes that actually lower the graphs
into machine/assembly code have been executed.

Thanks again for the info.

Garrison