[LLVMdev] how to get -ast-print to work?

Marko Schütz MarkoSchuetz at web.de
Wed Feb 3 07:16:00 PST 2010

Dear Sebastian,

At Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:41:58 +0100,
Sebastian Redl wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:13:51 -0400, Marko Schütz <MarkoSchuetz at web.de>
> wrote:
> > I have clang from 2010-01-22 installed.
>
> First off, Clang questions should go to cfe-dev.
>

> > I'm interested in using the AST, but:
> >
> > marko at prpad:tmp% clang -cc1 col.c -ast-print
> > gcc: unrecognized option '-cc1'
>
> Why is gcc interpreting command line arguments for clang? Do you have an
> alias or symlink somewhere?
>
> % which clang
> % file `which clang`

marko at prpad:marko% file `which gcc`
/usr/bin/gcc: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 5.0, not stripped
marko at prpad:marko% file `which clang`
/usr/pkg/bin/clang: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for NetBSD 5.0, stripped

Best regards,

Marko

P.S. Continuing this thread here, will direct future posts relating to
clang to cfe-dev.