[LLVMdev] llc generated machine assembly code for NASM

Bengu Li libengu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:58:21 PST 2010

Hi, Anton,

For a simple example, I took the machine assembly code generated by llc and
with a little manual change on the assebmly code (the way how llc generates
.text segment is not accepted by MASM),  it is able to be assembled and
linked by MASM. And it runs. Haven't tried it on NASM yet.

I am sure that you've run into many problems when efforts were carried out
to implement the Intel ASM printer between version 1.6 and 1.7. I'd
appreciated it if you could point me to any document with regard to relavent
problems at that time. Probably I don't need a fully functional production
quality assembler for my purpose. If I could find out that the gap between
the current llc and what I need is not huge, I would like to enhance the llc
Intel ASM printer by myself.

Thanks,
Bengu