[LLVMdev] Disable all inlining in llvm-gcc/llvm-g++

Nathan McCauley nathan.mccauley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 19:58:18 PST 2010

Hi,

I'd like to disable all inlining in llvm-gcc/llvm-g++.  From the FAQ
on llvm.org, I see:

"Passing "-Wa,-disable-opt -Wl,-disable-opt" will disable *all*
cleanup and optimizations done at the llvm level, leaving you with the
truly horrible code that you desire."

But from a cursory glance at llvm-backend.cpp I don't immediately see
that everything has been disabled by usage of this flag.  It looks
like one must pass either "-O0" or "-mllvm -disable-llvm-optzns" to
turn off all inlining. I admit that I didn't look at this file as
carefully as I could have.

A related question: does llvm-gcc obey the gcc optimization flags?
Specifically, does it obey -fno-inline?

Thanks for your time and attention,
Nathan McCauley