[LLVMdev] Interprocedural alias analysis

HK Cho netforce97 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 11:46:09 PST 2010

Hello,

I need interprocedural alias analysis while I'm using GVN for infeasible
path
analysis. So, I've tried "-steens-aa" from poolalloc project, but it doesn't
seem
to be working as I expected. For example,

int global;

int bar(void) {
  return 5;
}

int foo(void) {
  int a;
  scanf("%d", &a);
  if(global)
    a = bar();
  return a;
}

In this case, I expected getModRefInfo() on the load instruction for
'global' and
the call instruction for 'bar()' in foo() yields "NoModRef", but it actually
give "ModRef".

Am I understanding 'interprocedural' in wrong way? or making any mistake?
Or does '-steens-aa' have any problem?

I'm also curious if there is any ongoing project or plan to implement or
improve
interprocedural alias analysis.

Thank you very much in advance.

Bests,