[LLVMdev] Bad gcc versions

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Thu Dec 9 09:24:19 PST 2010

greened at obbligato.org (David A. Greene) writes:

> Often I run a few different builds in parallel, with different obj/build
> directories.  Is it possible that the test infrastructure writes
> something to the source directories or some common temp directory?  That
> could confuse things when doing parallel build/test and would explain
> all these failures.  When I don't run in parallel, things seem to work
> much better.

There is definitely something to this.  If I take a random failing
testcase and run the test in isolation in the shell, it works.  So what,
if anything, does lit/FileCheck/etc. do that might run interference
if there is another copy of lit/FileCheck/etc. running at the same time?
I tried strace -etrace=file but nothing obvious pops out.

                               -Dave