[LLVMdev] question on generating dwarf metadata

bagel bagel99 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 13:16:54 PST 2010

On 12/03/2010 06:28 PM, Devang Patel wrote:
> We are working on a document. Here is current draft:
> 	http://wiki.llvm.org/Debug_Information
>
> -
> Devang

While this is great news, it doesn't completely satisfy my needs.  Your
documentation assumes one is going to use the LLVM provided functions
(such as DIFactory::).  My front-end can't use them because it is not
written in C or C++.  I need to know the exact layouts of the LLVM
assembly metadata -- the textual form -- and what the fields mean.  The
comments in your examples are close.

Perhaps you can add another section just on the textual format?

thanks, bagel