[LLVMdev] Undefined symbol in Hello pass

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Dec 2 15:20:28 PST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 3:13 PM, Scott Ricketts wrote:

> The only Transforms check that fails is LLVM ::
> Transforms/GVN/null-aliases-nothing.ll
>
> Could that be related?

running "opt -basicaa -gvn -S null-aliases-nothing.ll" should produce this output, what are you seeing?

; ModuleID = 'null-aliases-nothing.ll'

%t = type { i32 }

declare void @test1f(i8*)

define void @test1(%t* noalias %stuff) {
  %p = getelementptr inbounds %t* %stuff, i32 0, i32 0
  %before = load i32* %p
  call void @test1f(i8* null)
  %sum = add i32 %before, %before
  store i32 %sum, i32* %p
  ret void
}

-Chris

> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:50 PM, dalej <dalej at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 2, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Scott Ricketts wrote:
>>
>>> My install went fine except for some failures during make check
>>> (Unexpected Failures: 92). All failures were in one of the following:
>>>
>>> LLVM::FrontendC++
>>> LLVM::FrontendC
>>> LLVM::FrontendObjC++