[LLVMdev] [REQUEST FOR FEEDBACK] Inline asm multiple alternative constraints

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:11:12 PDT 2010

Dale,

I took a closer look at the first llc failure, initp1.  Looking at the
initp1.llc file in gdb, it appears that the statically constructed objects
without the init_priority attribute are being constructed before those with
it, though the test seems to expect the opposite.

The initp1.llc.s file seems to have the .ctors table in the right order, but
the _init code is reading the table in reverse order.  Since I guess the
init code is coming from the local startup module, this must be a
peculiarity of Linux x86, right?  Is it different on other platforms?
Anyway, it was a good exercise for to see how the tests are run, and and to
dust off my gdb and Linux brain cells.  Is there a prefered platform to run
the test-suite on, where they all pass?  Or is there a test output file I
can compare against?

Thanks.

-John

John Thompson