[LLVMdev] llvmgcc-4.2 llvmg++-4.2 on OS X -- missing GCC __builtin intrinsics

Mon Aug 30 08:48:40 PDT 2010

I've had good luck using the llvm-gcc & llvm-g++ on small projects,
but I just discovered that it's apparently missing some of the GCC
intrinsic functions -- specifically, when I try and compile VXL
(http://vxl.sourceforge.net) it dies when it encounters
__builtin_bswap32 .

This is on OS X with the llvm-gcc-4.2 & llvm_g++-42 that are part of
the XCode 3.2.3

I don't know if this was the LLVM-GCC developer's oversight or Apple's
 but it keeps me from using llvm-gcc as my default compiler.