[LLVMdev] What does this error mean: psuedo instructions should be removed before code emission?

Bob Wilson bob.wilson at apple.com
Thu Aug 26 11:11:23 PDT 2010

On Aug 26, 2010, at 10:50 AM, Yuri wrote:

> Also there is a typo: it probably should read pseudo.

A pseudo instruction is used internally without llvm, but it does not correspond directly to a real instruction in the target architecture.  Before emitting the final compiled code, all the pseudo instructions must be expanded to real instructions.  If you're seeing that error, it means that something was not expanded.

I fixed all the "psuedo" misspellings in svn 112202.  I didn't see the error message, so that must have been changed already.