[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Debug information on multiple files

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Thu Aug 26 02:58:00 PDT 2010

On 26 August 2010 09:56, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:
> Note the R_X86_64_32 relocations. At link time, these relocations will be
> replaced by the absolute address of the symbol/section they point to
> (limited to 32 bits), added to the value stored in the object file.

GCC seems to limit it to 32 bits as well, I guess there aren't many
cases with line tables bigger than 4G... ;)

I had problems with relocation in the past (typeinfo, exceptions) in
clang on ARM, and sent a patch to add some of it to the AsmPrinter,
but that was a dirty work-around the issue.

What is the official mechanism in MC to treat relocations? Where
should I add target-specific relocation types and how to write them in
ASM or ELF?

cheers,
--renato