[LLVMdev] Seeking Tutorial Based on Generation of LLVM IR and static compilation

Devang Patel devang.patel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 18:10:24 PDT 2010

Scott,

> I suppose ideally, I seek ONLY a tutorial on using LLVM IR as a source
> language and then getting from there to a bunch of LLVM IR source
> modules and from there to assembler/link.

In that case, I guess just follow one of the llvm tool named 'llc' in
debugger. It will read llvm IR text file and generate assembly output.

If you need and overview of llvm components then lib/AsmParser reads llvm IR
text file. lib/Transforms optimizes the llvm IR. lib/CodeGen (along with
lib/Target) generates code from llvm IR which can be assembled and linked
using traditional assembler and linker respectively. Browsing through
various docs from http://llvm.org/docs/ will give definitely help you in
general.

-
Devang