[LLVMdev] Error Building LLVM on AIX 6

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 23 08:03:08 PDT 2010

Dear Patrick,

Documentation on some AIX routines to do the same thing can be found at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/comphelp/v8v101/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.xlcpp8a.doc/proguide/ref/dynamic_load.htm.

Interestingly enough, the same page suggests that AIX does, in fact,
support dlopen() and friends for POSIX compatibility.  You might need to
find out if there's a header file or a #define (e.g. _POSIX) that you
need to include/define to get dlopen() and friends working on AIX.  The
above web page provides the name of an AIX document which should aid in
determining how to use dlopen() on AIX.

-- John T.