[LLVMdev] sret on scalars

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Thu Aug 19 13:38:14 PDT 2010

I am needing to return i128 as a shadow return due to abi issues on
alpha.  The problem I am running into is the code for doing that with
scalars (currently only used for vectors, as far as I can tell) sets
the sret on the parameter.  If I just go this path, then I am setting
sret on an integer pointer, which verify objects too.  LangRef doesn't
say scalars are allowed to have sret set, but sret is used for
vectors.

So my question is: should I, when updating the llvm-gcc, not set sret
on my i128 shadow returns (also on f128), or should Verify accept sret
on scalar pointers, not just struct or vector pointers?

Andrew