[LLVMdev] Using ValueSymbolTable...

subramanyam subbu.pur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 22:38:53 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I have a question regarding populating ValueSymbolTable of a Function.
Is it that ValueSymbolTable is populated automatically whenever an alloca
instruction is created using IRBuilder or do we need to explicitly
populate??
If we need to populate explicitly, the insert method in ValueSymbolTable is
private, so how can we do it?

Currently, I am trying to access the symbol table as below:
llvm::ValueSymbolTable symTab;
symTab = mCurrentFunction->getValueSymbolTable();
llvm::Value* variable = symTab.lookup(aName);

Thanks