[LLVMdev] Ocaml bindings in 2.8

Erick Tryzelaar idadesub at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 17 11:31:21 PDT 2010

Hello Jianzhou,

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Jianzhou Zhao <jianzhou at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does 2.8 release plan to change anything in Ocaml bindings?
> http://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#whatsnew does not list any
> relevant features.

I usually wait until around nowish before a release to sync llvm-c and
the ocaml bindings. I'll start the process. Is there anything in
particular you are looking for? I'm happy to integrate patches for
you.

> 2.7 added 'operand' that can access each operand from a value.
>  external operand : llvalue -> int -> llvalue = "llvm_operand"
> Does this binding also expose a primitive to return how many operands
> a given value has?

Oops, I forgot to expose an equivalent LLVMGetNumOperands. I'll get
that into 2.8.

> I need some primitives that check kinds of instructions, and access
> operands or other properties of a kind of instruction. Can 'operand'
> work for this requirement?

That I'm not sure about. Anyone know what's the best way to do this?