[LLVMdev] Where can I find an explanation of $src1, $src2, $in, $ptr, etc.?

Mark Lacey 641 at rudkx.com
Mon Aug 16 22:43:42 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Bob Wilson <bob.wilson at apple.com> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Mark Lacey wrote:
>
> > I have read through the TableGen Fundamentals documentation and been
> browsing various .td files. One thing that is not clear to me is where
> things like $src1 (as in GR32:$src1) are defined, and what they mean. The
> TableGen Fundamentals page seems silent on this, and I have not found other
> documentation that explains it. Browsing through the .td files has not
> helped, either (although that has been quite useful to clarify things that
> are not spelled out in detail on the TableGen Fundamentals page).
>
> It's not entirely clear what you're referring to, but in general, those are
> just arbitrary operand names.  They are defined and used within the
> instruction patterns.  If that doesn't help, perhaps you could post a
> specific example that you're having trouble with.

I think I might have answered my own question with a little more browsing
and your mention of "arbitrary operand names". It appears that the syntax
here is recordkind:$name where 'recordkind' has been previously defined, and
'name' is just a descriptive name attached to a particular dag node input,
which may (or may not) be referred to later in the definition of the current
record.

Is that correct?

Mark