[LLVMdev] Trying to build llvm-gcc no x86_64 linux

Romain Pechayre rpechayr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 00:57:41 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to build the latest version of llvm-gcc on a x86_64 architecture
running a Linux distribution. Using the READM.LLVM I have managed to run
./configure using appropriate options, but when I try to build using make,
it shows the following error message after a few seconds:

../../llvm-gcc/gcc/gengtype-lex.l:31:27: fatal error: gengtype-yacc.h: No
such file or directory.

This happens when trying to build gengtype-lex.c.

I could indeed not find the file gengtype-yacc.h in neither llvm-gcc nor
llvm code base. Is there a dependency I am missing ? A problem with the
configure flags I've used ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help !

Romain