[LLVMdev] Compile error for the Hello pass example

θΏͺ yidi95 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 20:54:53 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm trying the Hello pass example in the "Writing an LLVM Pass" webpage (
http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html#basiccode ).  I followed the
instructions to compile (with gcc-4.2) the Hello.cpp, but I got the compile
errors:

Hello.cpp:20: error:  expected identifier before string constant
Hello.cpp:20: error:  expected ',' or '...' before string constant
Hello.cpp:20: error:  expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion
before ';' token

which is the line "INITIALIZE_PASS(Hello, "Hello", "Hello World Pass",
false, false);" in the code.  Could any one help me with this?  Thank you
very much!

Best,
Daniel