[LLVMdev] Fail to get IR for a linux driver program

θΏͺ yidi95 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 11:42:35 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I used llvm-gcc (llvm version 2.7) to transform a linux network driver
program (for example: linux/drivers/net/zoro8390.c) to the IR form with the
command: "llvm-gcc -D__GNUCC -E -emit-llvm -I../../include zorro8390.c -S"
under the drivers/net directory.  It didn't give the resulting IR (i.e.
zoro8390.s) and it printed out a modified program, which it looked like the
definitions for functions, macros and other stuff from other files are all
added or expanded for my target program.  How could I get the desired IR for
the driver?  Thank you very much!

Regards,
Daniel