[LLVMdev] Debugging Status on x86?

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Fri Aug 6 01:21:45 PDT 2010

On 6 August 2010 02:22, Jason Kim <jasonwkim at google.com> wrote:
> I'm willing to help out on this, so someone please point me in the right
> direction.

The main class, which has all Dwarf information is:

llvm/Support/Dwarf.h

The classe that deals with debug info in LLVM (metadata) is:

llvm/Analysis/DebugInfo.h

In Clang, the class that builds the debug information is:

llvm/tools/clang/lib/CodeGen/CGDebugInfo.h

to serve as a template. I'm not sure how complete the debug info is in
Clang, but it's supposed to be complete. I haven't tested the results.

> The most specific doc that talks about debugging was
> theĀ http://www.llvm.org/docs/DebuggingJITedCode.html
> It seems to indicate that debugging support was at least partial.

There's a post on this in the blog:

http://blog.llvm.org/2010/04/extensible-metadata-in-llvm-ir.html

--
cheers,
--renato

http://systemcall.org/

Reclaim your digital rights, eliminate DRM, learn more at