[LLVMdev] regarding multicore support for LLVM

Eric Christopher echristo at apple.com
Tue Aug 3 20:53:38 PDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 8:48 PM, Liu wrote:

> It is so difficult ...
> Which FE? It need BE support? I didn't get it.
>
> 2010/8/4 vijay kumar <vijaygbvv at gmail.com>
> Yeah OpenMP support. I read that it has a front end support but not the back end. So are there any projects or teams looking at this issue.
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Liu <proljc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Multicore?
> You want OpenMP support?
>
> 2010/8/3 vijay kumar <vijaygbvv at gmail.com>
> Hi all,
>          I am new to this LLVM. I went through the documenation of LLVM but I didn't find any support for Multicore. Is there any such possibility where multicore architecture can be exploited using LLVM.

llvm-gcc has some support for OpenMP via the atomic built-ins.  It's largely untested. I ran the tests a few days ago to test something, but that's about it - and has some bugs.  clang does not currently have support for OpenMP.

You would use the llvm-gcc support the same way you would the gcc support.

-eric