[LLVMdev] CMake error on Win32

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Aug 3 09:05:44 PDT 2010

Hello Daniel.

Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> writes:

> Is there a way to make it work with CMake 2.6? That is what the public
> win32 buildbot has and I hate messing around with it.

After reading the documentation, it seems that there is no way. The only
cure is to remove the change.

Before seeing your message I've bumped the required version to 2.8 on
CMakeLists.txt. Of course this can be reverted too, but we'll see more
problems like this on the future: people using 2.8 which send patches
without testing them on 2.6 (and figuring out the compatibility from
reading the documentation is not always easy.) I'm using 2.8 on all
systems, that's why the patch was accepted after testing. If we agree on
using 2.6 for more time, I'll have to install it on couple of machines.

Really, I have no strong opinion about this. So you decide. If upgrading
to 2.6 is too much trouble, I'll revert the changes. But please consider
that we must upgrade at some time, otherwise we risk inconveniencing
contributors and perhaps having some tricky bug report about
incompatible changes introduced by new cmake versions.