[LLVMdev] CMake broken?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Aug 2 11:41:27 PDT 2010

Tom Care <tcare at apple.com> writes:

> CMake seems to have broken in the last few days - or is it just me?
>
> tcare:llvm-release tcare$ make -j4
> -- Target triple: x86_64-apple-darwin10.5.0
> -- Native target architecture is X86
> -- Threads enabled.
> -- Building with -fPIC
> -- Targeting X86
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/LLVMConfig.cmake:90 (message):
>   Library LLVMARMAsmParser not found in list of llvm libraries.

Probably this is caused by a previous build where you targeted ARM (or
all backends, which includes ARM.) Later, you reconfigured with

-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86

but this didn't remove the dependencies on the corresponding libraries
for the other targets.

On this case, the most simple way to resolve the issue is to start from
an empty build directory.