[LLVMdev] Best intermediate form to...

nonpoly fxyxixe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:16:37 PDT 2010

Hello Everyone!
   New to the forums, so hopefully I'm not a nuisance.  I just wanted to
know where to go (since I heard there were about 5 different intermediate
forms for llvm) to find the highest level intermediate form of llvm.  I want
to be able to get as much information from a front-end as possible.  Mainly
I need to find out dependencies and control flows, amongst a few other
things.  So far I've seen http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html which might be
what I'm looking for, but I just wanted to make sure.

   Also I heard that there's something that can convert GCCs GIMPLE to llvm
IR, which I looked up and I believe is llvm-gcc, but again, I want to make
sure that's it.  Also, is there a plugin that converts llvm IR to GIMPLE, or
is there a project currently working on it?

Thanks in advance! =)
-nonpoly