[LLVMdev] doxygen redux

mike-m mikem.llvm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:54:23 PDT 2010

Hi, I'm working on a patch to overhaul docs+doxygen builds for both llvm and clang source trees.

Here's a sample of what it looks like for class clang::driver::Action (sorry, llvm API docs are a bigger set so only clang has been posted at this free webhost). Basically the output is a bump to latest doxygen plus custom css; the wins (IMHO) are the new style doesn't waste so much vertical page space, and uses slightly smaller fonts for both diagrams and html.

NEW: http://kona.zzl.org/clang/api/classclang_1_1driver_1_1Action.html
OLD: http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/classclang_1_1driver_1_1Action.html

class with more inheritance: http://kona.zzl.org/clang/api/classclang_1_1Decl.html
class with a rather large collaboration diagram: http://kona.zzl.org/clang/api/classclang_1_1ASTContext.html

I'm not sure how the project/community feels about collab-diagrams. I find them exceedingly large and rarely useful. There are a couple of options if changes in that area are desired: (1) disable collab-diagrams. (2) make both class-inheritance and collab-diagrams hidden under a javascript-knob which users can click to expand each diagram.

Comments and suggestions are solicited!

(patches for this are being tracked with pr6613).

--mike-m