[LLVMdev] Schedule for poolalloc/DSA

Kevin Streit kevin.streit at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 30 07:19:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.
Poolalloc/DSA compiles correctly with LLVM 2.7 released version. I used llvm svn version before against which poolalloc didn't compile because warnings where treated as errors...

On 28.04.2010, at 17:08, John Criswell wrote:

> Kevin Streit wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is there any plan when poolalloc and DSA will be adapted to compile and run with LLVM 2.7? I'm currently about to start a bigger project using DSA and it would be nice if I could use LLVM 2.7 instead of porting everything I do now from 2.6 to 2.7 later.
>>

> Mainline DSA/Poolalloc already compiles with LLVM 2.7.  I will probably create a release_27 branch in the near future but have not gotten around to doing it yet.
>
> One of our students started some changes to DSA on mainline, so you may want to do some testing to see how well DSA is working before making the plunge to LLVM 2.7.

Right. I did some testing and it seems that it is really broken. I can't even dump the DSGraph to dot which will cause an assertion failure "Link index is out of range!". The same goes even for "opt -dsa-local -analyze" on any simple C program.

I guess I'll just have to stick with the 2.6 versions for now and switch later.

Cheers,
Kevin