[LLVMdev] Books/docs on exception handling

Trevor Harmon trevor.w.harmon at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 21 14:07:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to learn all that I can about exception handling from the
compiler's point of view. Although much has been written about
compiler theory in general -- parsing, code generation, you name it --
I can find almost nothing on the specific problem of exception
handling support. In fact, the most informative document I've been
able to find so far is "Bill's EH Proposal":

http://markmail.org/message/5ezbpz75yxjje3or?q=thread:ghrak3dzcadxyf4x

Are there any other books or articles that I should know about? I'm
looking for almost anything that talks about how compilers (LLVM or
otherwise) parse exception handlers, generate landing pads, implement
stack unwinding, and so on.

Thanks,

Trevor